Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I was disappointed that my new Envy printer won't connect to both wifi and usb as my old Epson did. Any solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@eacmorris,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your new Envy printer won't connect to the computer both via wifi and USB.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the model number of the unit and the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Finding Your HP Product Model Number

2. Windows Operating System or Mac Operating System 

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@eacmorris,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your new Envy printer won't connect to the computer both via wifi and USB.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the model number of the unit and the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Finding Your HP Product Model Number

2. Windows Operating System or Mac Operating System 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

The model # Envy7645 and running Windows10.

Thanks for the assistance,

Edwin

HP Recommended

@eacmorris,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printer won't connect to the computer both via wifi and USB.

This issue could occur if the wireless connection is not setup properly.

Please follow the link to set up the printer on the wireless network:  Wireless or Wired Network Setup

Also, for USB connection, please follow the link: Download and Install a Driver for a USB Connection

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

It worked!

Thank you very much.

Edwin

HP Recommended

Well, the wifi connection works great.  Now, I get an error message that there is no driver.  I downloaded the driver and the test print worked great.  The next time I tried to print I got the same error message.  Tried downloading the driver again but doesn't seem to be taking it.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software/driver to no avail. Really confounding since it worked and then didn't!  LOL  Any suggestions appreciated.  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.