Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Following an automated 'update' [i.e. not requested or instigated by me] my Envy 4520 now prints only blank pages?!

It worked fine before the 'update' ... no ink cartridge issues [plenty of ink and cleaned as per installed routine]

What's going on?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi UNiCOM_Gary,

Have you tried to reinstall printer driver?

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
HP Recommended

No I've not. What driver and where? ... the printer, using its own wi-fi connection, simply did its own thing. 

HP Recommended

Hi UNİCOM_Gary

Please follow steps below:

> Click Apple logo which located in left top

> Click to System Preferences

> Click to Printers & Scanners 

1.png

> Click to " + " button and select your printer and MacOS recognize your printer driver automatically then click "OK" button.

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
HP Recommended

Unfortunately completing this procedure as suggested made no difference at all. It still prints nothing but blank pages. 

I have  now also tried removing the printer entirely from both my iMac and Macbook Pro ... then re-installing, but again to no avail.

I've just about had enough of HP printer in general right now. This unit is around 12  months old and was purchased to replace a earlier HP model. It too did exactly the same thing at which time I was advised to "buy a newer version" to resolve the issue!

HP Recommended

Hi UNiCOM_Gary,

I recommend you to test copy feature. If you see same issue, it is related with cartrdiges. If copy works but print is still not working, you can call to support line. Also i recommend you to check cartridges expiration dates which located on it. 

Thanks,

HP Recommended

'Copy' yield nothing but blank pages also ...

Cartridges are dated 'PRO 2018', have plenty of ink them and indeed worked perfectly immediately prior to the unsolicited, HP instigated 'update'.

What next? ... or do I simply bin it and buy from a more 'honourable' supplier !?

HP_Envy01.jpegHP_Envy02.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.