01-20-2020 07:44 AM
Been using HP XL ink cartridges with this printer for (possibly it's entire life) and just today we get "Cartridge is incompatible" on the printer-display.
The on-PC-screen error-message says "cannot be used in current printer configuration".
I cannot find any help-topics relating to XL cartridges, Envy 5300 and configuration-settings.
First error said (inserted XL) cartridge was damaged/failed (not very old), so I replaced it with a new one and same errors.
I print wirelessly from Win7; my partner prints USB-connected from Win10; neither of us can print.
01-22-2020 03:24 PM
I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns
Please perform the following steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.and clean the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
Also ensure the printer has the latest Firmware. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee