08-26-2013 04:03 PM
hp psc 1610 all in one printer's display shows Error:0x07d54dd6
unit will not respond in any manner. I have tried disconnecting and
reconnecting but no luck.
09-10-2013 10:27 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 09:12 AM by OscarFuentes
I recently was made aware of this self help page:
An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x...' or 'C2...') or 'Ink System Failure' Error Message Displays on the Front Panel When Printing
I'm not familiar with your particular issue, but maybe that page can help guide you to better information.
--Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
04-09-2016 05:14 AM
I was unable to perform the examples given above, the carriage wouldn't move so I couldn't remove either cartridge. Instead I did the following:
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- While holding both the # and 6 keys down on the front panel, reconnect the power cord. The printer should automatically turn on, but if it doesn't or if it only appears to be on (showing just a lit blank screen), while still holding the # and 6 keys down, turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- I was prompted to remove one of the cartridges, so I released the # and 6 buttons then proceeded to replaced the cartridge mentioned with a different one, then printer prompted again (probably and old cartridge I had set aside to be recycled), so I replaced with a fresh HP cartridge from sealed packaging. Once the new cartridge was inserted, I closed the lid on the printer.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so. You might receive various recalibration requests, just say okay to all of them and let the printer reset itself and print a page. At this point my issue was resolved and I could move on to the next steps if I had a document to print.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
- Try printing again.
Summary, rebooting the printer while holding the # and 6 keys allowed for the printer to reset and then decipher and communicate to me what the problem was. Just be sure to hold them down through the process until you know things have moved along (you start getting instructions from the printer menu) and also, I saw on youtube that you might have to do this more than once. The use of holding # and 3 was also suggested, but I had seen the # and 6 in a couple of places, so that's what I tried and it worked! For disclosure, I am using an HP 7210 All in one Officejet but I think this works on other HP printers as well.
- HP Printers - Minimum security settings for products on the open Internet
- HP Printers - AirPrint Print Job Does Not Print (iOS 11, Sierra, High Sierra)
- HP Printers - Cannot Print When One of the HP Ink Cartridges is Empty
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP Printers - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer?