02-05-2020 01:16 AM
The printer ran out of black ink so I changed the cartridge with a new one. I now get the Error 0x6100004a and cannot shut the system down properly when I press the power button. Resorted to pulling power cord. When it comes up again, it tells me there is a printer jam, but there is no paper anywhere in the path. I press OK and then get the error message.
02-07-2020 01:06 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting an error after replacing the cartridge.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
- Is the carriage moving freely?
- Are you using HP genuine cartridges?
Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
I am an HP Employee