Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I needed to reinstall my software for the Hp Office jet Pro 8710. Every time I try I get an error 2753 and that software installation halts.

I have tried several suggestions posted on here and no joy.

Can anyone help please?

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hi @151mike

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how.

Alternatively, use HP Smart app to print and scan from your PC

Click here to download and know more about the app

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Print and Scan Doctor tells me that the full featured software is not installed. When I try to download and install error 2753 occurs.

I currently have the printer working by using the work-round you mentioned (installed Windows built in driver and HP Smart) but this is not ideal. (Problems with double sided printing - keeps telling me I am using the wrong sized paper!)

Several of the solutions posted on the internet refer to pages/software that not longer exists. Others just do not work and telling me to remove all printers is not an option unless I wish to spend an hour re-installing an ID card printer.

i welcome any further help but I am really getting sick of this problem.

Why oh why cannot someone at HP  produce software that works for all. they used to and i have spent many hours trying to resolve this problem, so much so, that unless it is resolved soon, this will be the last HP printer that I own after 18 happy years using your products.

HP Recommended

@151mike

Apologies for the inconvenience. Create a new user account and try installing the full-featured driver to check if the issue persists. This could be an issue with the Windows OS.

Click here to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but i have already tried that. According to a colleague who got support to look at an identical problem, it is your software that is at fault.

In his case they had to revert some installers to Windows 7 compatibility.

HP Recommended

@151mike

You may install the printer driver compatible with Win 7 OS on your Win 10 PC to check if the issue persists.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, the Windows 7 one seems to have installed something (Hp Office Jet Pro 8710 CL-3- Network driver ). So as I previously said, it is obvious the fault lies with your driver not windows 10.

Also i will not marked this as solved because, although this works, it does not solve the problem that I and others both experienced and wasted plenty of valuable time, trying to resolve.

My remarks about thinking very carefully before purchasing another HP printer still remain!

HP Recommended

@151mike

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reply sent.

Mike

HP Recommended

@151mike

Thank you for the information. Kindly wait for a response from the respective team within 24-72 business hours.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.