02-21-2019 10:00 PM
I've found numerous posts with this exact problem, but none of them seemed to be resolved.
I just got a brand new Envy 5055 printer, and I can't even set it up. It doesn't connect wirelessly or with a USB printer cable, it's not detected by my computer no matter what I do and the printer itself just keeps flashing all lights with the message "ERROR CODE 0X00829C98 HW_WATCHDOG C" on the screen. I've tried all methods of unplugging and plugging back in, redownloading, reconnecting, trying to download drivers (which I can load onto the printer because my computer doesn't detect it). I have Windows 10 on an Aspire R Acer laptop. I am beyond frustrated. I just want to print!
02-24-2019 02:18 AM
Try these steps -
1) Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent.
3) With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 60 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a semi full reset. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community.
Let me know.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
05-28-2019 07:58 AM
:Wink:I have received this error code. I was scanning documents when the scanner bar stopped moving it was frozen. I unplugged it from the wall and let it sit. When I plugged it back in the scanner bar is going crazy, it goes like it’s scanning but really fast, basically slamming from one side to another, no scan light. Then the error code comes up and I can’t do anything else with the printer
05-29-2019 08:48 AM
@Butterscotch72, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Try connecting the printer to a different wall outlet and see if that helps. And, when there is no scan light while the scanner bar moves it is clearly a sign of scanner failure.
You can try our other support options for further assistance. Follow the steps below:
1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee