Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro X551

Dear HP-Team,

dear community,

the German HP support forum team sent me to this place as they do not support Officejet products there (funny enough...).

Well, we have bought our HP Officejet Pro X551 DW in December 2015.

After only 14 months (early March 2017) it went on strike giving the message (sorry, German printer): „Problem mit dem Drucker oder dem Tintensystem. Drucker aus- und wieder anschalten, Besteht das Problem weiterhin, Kontakt mit HP aufnehmen. Error Code 0x6100000c“.

Re-start, plug-out and plug-in, all this did not help. Reading the error message our dealer said it would not be possible to repair and we'd need to buy a new one.

Now, we are not really happy having bought a (not too cheap) printer which we shall bury directly after end of warrenty (12 months in Germany).

So my questions are:

a) what does this error message mean? What is broken? Why can't this be fixed?

b) how does HP deal with this case? If this is just "sh** happens" (excuse my french) then my next printer surely will come form another provider!

Thanks for your feedback,
Stefan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

okay, the German HP Support sent me to this English support page. On this English page, no reaction from HP. Interesting business model. Just bought a new printer, it's a "Brother".

Have a nice day, everybody!

HP Recommended

hello a customer applied to my service with the same problem. is there any improvement in the solution of the problem?

HP Recommended

Hello, the status is as posted in May:

German HP Support sent me to the English support page. On this English page, no reaction from HP.

So, the only thing I could do was dumping the printer and buying a new one - and surely no HP anymore. Happy owner of a "Brother" now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.