Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet 6500a plus E710n

my officejet 6500a plus is displaying an error code 0x61011bec.

the first thing i did was reseting it to an "Out of the box Reset".the reset was succeful ,but i kept receiving the same error, so i couldn't continue the setup because of the error code appearing frequently.

then i followed the steps mentioned in the following link   https://support.hp.com/bg-en/product/HP-Officejet-6500A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---E7/4083974/mod...

but the error code was still displaying.

I cleaned the printhead and changed the ink but still the error code continued displaying again and again.

currently the printer is stuck in the setup process due to the "Out of the box reset" mentioned earlier

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @_CH_,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are getting a '0x' error message on your HP OfficeJet Printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you make any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Are you able to move the carriage manually?

Have you tried to clean the cartridge contacts as well as the rollers?

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website.

Remove the ink cartridges & printhead from the printer, and place them on a soft cloth up where they are safe. Power off the printer for about 1 to 3 minutes, and then turn the unit back on. Install the printhead and ink back into the printer when instructed to. 

For more assistance, please follow this link: HP Printers - 'Ink System Failure' or '0x ...' Error Code Displays

If the issue persists, the next step would be to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @_CH_,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are getting a '0x' error message on your HP OfficeJet Printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

Did you make any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website.

Remove the ink cartridges & printhead from the printer, and place them on a soft cloth up where they are safe. Power off the printer for about 1 to 3 minutes, and then turn the unit back on. Install the printhead and ink back into the printer when instructed to. 

For more assistance, please follow this link: HP Printers - 'Ink System Failure' or '0x ...' Error Code Displays

If the issue persists, the next step would be to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just after plugging the printer in a normal wall outlet instead of a power strip, the printer worked without displaying any error code. I was able to connect it to my wifi and ito print a document. 

thank you for your help

HP Recommended

Hi @_CH_,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have not made anychanges to the printer...yes I can move the cartridge manually...no i have not tried to clean the rollers

HP Recommended

I have tried everything also. Is there anyway I can get the reset instructions messaged to me please

HP Recommended

@Chellebrewer Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting 0x61011bec  error message.

Did you make any changes to the printer before the issue started?

Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update is available for your printer, using this website.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.