12-13-2019 09:56 AM
While printing several envelopes, I received a blinking "error code 0xB8550546" message. Entire screen is blinking. All I can do is turn the printer off. When I turn it back on, it says that the printer was turned off incorrectly and damage may result. When I try to print again, even on regular paper, I get the blinking error code. What do I need to do? What does this code mean?
12-13-2019 10:22 AM - edited 12-13-2019 10:28 AM
In some cases, removing the ink cartridges and resetting the printer may resolve the error message.
- Turn on the printer.
- Before continuing, wait until the printer is inactive and silent.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
NOTE:HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Turn the printer on.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration or alignment page, do so.
- If you have disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the back of the product.
- Try to print.
If the problem persists, please follow the instructions of the HP link A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays.
Do not hesitate to solicit us if you need any more information.
|I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.|
HP Expert support community HP France.