Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This am the printer displayed Error Code 0xB8653E96.  Even after rebooting it comes up to the same error.

Firmware is up to date.  Am connected via usb to Windows 10 64Bit.

Have tried disconcerting all cables including the power cord and no help.

Any ideas?  Is this printer now toast?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I will try turning off WiFi and connecting as a USB.  I have to pull the printer from my e-waste pile.

I will connect it up and test for a couple of days and then get back to the forum.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@bnfoat Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

Step 1: Check the error

In addition to the alphanumeric code, look for an error message that describes the problem.

NOTE: 

Not all alphanumeric codes begin with 0x; some begin with B or C.

• If the message contains a description and an alphanumeric error code, the steps in this document do not apply. Search HP Customer Support for a troubleshooting document that matches the description you see.

Example of an error message with additional text that describes the problem

• If the message contains only the error code, continue to the next step.

Example of an error code without a description

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the troubleshooting steps.  I will follow them the next time the error occurs.

Here is what I did:

1.  I left the printer unplugged for 2 full days.

2.  Plugged it back in and it booted with no error code.

3.  Then as a test I printed the WiFi Report page.

We will wait and see what happens,

Again, Thanks for responding, Bruce

HP Recommended

@bnfoat

Keep us posted 🙂 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well the error came back yesterday and today.  After trying the steps you suggested and still get the error, it looks like it is time for a new machine.  Maybe one of the Brother printers might be a better choice?

Regards, Bruce

HP Recommended

@bnfoat

This looks like a hardware issue. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have two identical printer of this type. One started showing this error and since it seemed to be hardware I fetched the other one. It worked until I connected it to my wireless network.  Then i got the same error : 0xB8653E96.

So I've disconnected the first one from the network. it now works  fine as a USB connected printer. They both do. but conencting the to my wireless network created the error.

HP Recommended

I will try turning off WiFi and connecting as a USB.  I have to pull the printer from my e-waste pile.

I will connect it up and test for a couple of days and then get back to the forum.

HP Recommended

Hi I also have the same error.

Does anyone know what the issue is - not so much how to fix it.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Does this fix include WI-FI? 
Can’t use a wifi printer via usb. Instant ink 

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.