Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP office jet 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error code B82B32CC pops up if printer is idle and have to turn power off and back on to use.  What is it and How do you fix this

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jillendi,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you recently made any changes before the issue started?

Have you checked for any obstructions inside the printer?

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

You may try to attempt updating the printer firmware. For more details on how to update, please use this link: HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Next thing, I would suggest here is to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Resolving Printhead Problems and Ink System Failure

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

I use this printer as a fax machine for my business and I noticed that whenever I get a fax, it doesn't always occur [seems like around 3/10 times] but it seems like when there is a fax call from idle it pops up this code and i never really know when it happens so it causes me to miss important faxes for my business. I also have another exact printer at my other location and this never occurs there. Can i get some info on what I should do?

HP Recommended

@bptkevin, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

Are you able to send faxes?

Are you able to print and make photocopies on the printer?

Did you make any changes to the printer or the computer recently?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It went to like a kernel panic where all lights were flashing and i had to hard restart the printer.

Edited: I also havent made any changes to it since I first got it. I set this printer up the same way I did with the other one that doesnt panic.

HP Recommended

@bptkevin

Try updating the Printer Firmware and let me know if the issue persists

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.