Blue2020
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error Code B89B30AC

OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had a power outage. I found that my  OfficeJet Pro 8710 had an Error Code B89B30AC. All attempts to reboot the system have failed. I have unplugged all the power cable and the USB cable for as much as an hour but still no results. It attempts to restart but final goes back to the blue screen

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
138 136 13 60
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error Code B89B30AC

@Blue2020 

Hello,

In some cases, removing ink cartridges and resetting the printer can help resolve the error message.

1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Before you go on, wait until the printer is inactive and silent.
  3. Unplug the USB cable from the back of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
  4. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
  5. With the printer on, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and the wall outlet.
  6. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  7. Reconnect the power cord into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP then recommends reconnecting the printer's power cord directly to a wall outlet.

8. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
  9. Turn the printer on, if it doesn't automatically.
  10. It is possible that the printer will go through a preheat cycle. The printer lights may also flash and the cart may move.
  11. Wait until the end of the preheat cycle and until your printer is inactive and silent before continuing.
  12. Reinsert the ink cartridges, then close the door to the cartridges.
  13. Print a calibration page if you're invited.
  14. If you have disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the back of the product.
  15. Try printing.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Expert support community HP France: Mans.

0 Kudos
Blue2020
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error Code B89B30AC

Hi Mans:

I tried your solution. It didn't work. I can't get the ink cartridge to perform a carriage return. Out of frustration I mashed the power button and held it. The printer cycled through but this time rather go to the blue screen it went to the homepage. But the display is incomplete. You came see the home button, the question mark and the page return. Otherwise the screen is black. How can I get a carriage return? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
138 136 13 60
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error Code B89B30AC

@Blue2020 

Tank you for your return,

Are you registered for HP Instant Ink?
Is your printer still under warranty?
Check warranty status

To palliate this incident, please follow the instructions of link HP 'Carriage Jam' Error.

Then, I recommend that you install the latest version of the firmware of the printer is available via the link HP below.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ojp8710/1919B/OJP8710_1919B.exe

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best Regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Expert support community HP France: Mans.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation