Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

same problem with error cod ox83c0000a nos loader app on a 4630 all in one HP printer.  no fix on a printer less than 2 years old and seldomly used.   just recently put sixty dollars of ink in, that will be down the tubes.  Very frustrating as this is the second HP printer i have went through this with.  NO MORE HP .  Also recently had issues with HP lap top hinges breaking.   DONE

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @bob55-_,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I see that you are getting the "0x" error message on your printer. Appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue!

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website.

For more assistance, please visit this link: HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware  Restart the printer once done.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Error Code wouldn't go away until I disconnected power and USB cable for 3 minutes, and held the power button down for 30 seconds. Then when plugged in again, it worked!

HP Recommended

I have tried the suggestions for 0x83c0000a error code with no success.  I may need to do a hard boot.  Please advise.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi

I have tried the hard reset but it did not work. How do I perform the advanced reset? 

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

I need to do the advanced reset also, can you send me the steps?

HP Recommended

After the recommonded actions mij hp officejet 4632 is still "dead" and gives only on the display ERROR CODE 0XB and every time for the rest different symbols. Can you give me advise or private message with the steps to reset the printer.

Maarten.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.