Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babybreeze Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error Code: Ox6100004a & print carriage stuck in right side position on HP OfficeJet Pro 6978

OfficeJet Pro 6978
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

Sent job to printer on iPhone XR.  Didn't realize document was legal size (8.5" x 14").  Letter-size paper was in printer (8.5" x 11").  Rec'd paper jam error.  Found HP video on YouTube showing how to fix issue.  Only jam was 1 piece of paper just behind paper tray. No paper or fragments found in other locations. Paper wasn't torn, just had long scratch marks on 2 areas.  While lid was opened, also cleaned all rollers with distilled water as instructed. 

Repeatedly receiving "Printer Failure" error, code:  Ox6100004a, or error code that printer was not shut down properly and to use power button to turn it off (which is what I've done).  Printer cartridges now stuck in right position - unable to move to center.  Feels like it is hitting something.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,478 4,662 304 288
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error Code: Ox6100004a & print carriage stuck in right side position on HP OfficeJet Pro 6978

@Babybreeze

A warm welcome to HP Community!

Since the printer carriage is not moving, I'm afraid, its a possible hardware failure. Please call HP Support to obtain all available repair/replacement options. You may use the following steps to contact your regional HP Support:

1) Click on this link.

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation