Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4527
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having changed my Printer to Model 4527 , the touch screen shows that there is an ERROR . 

The Code is   OXB853611C4 . How do I find this code ?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again Apone . The error prevented the cartridge carrier from moving transversly , thus preventing the removal of the two cartridges . I contacted the seller by phone , explaining the error, who said the fault could be the depleted colour cartridge . He immediately offered a replacement unit , which I accepted . So once again many thanks for your help . 

Drive Safe JD

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

0x is usually a system ink failure.  check that your printhead is not clogged (dried ink in vents prevent cartridge from dispersing ink).  check there is no obstruction causing the printhead from moving correctly.  sometimes its a broken gear on the inner right side of the machine.  typically, its white with a black sleeve over it.  could be cracked, or broken or just out of alignment.  

HP Recommended

Hello Apone , many thanks for your reply . My printer is a refurbished ENVY 4527 . Could the problem be an empty Tricolour Cartridge ? .       Thanks again .JD

HP Recommended

i've never known an empty cartridge to shoot an error like that but I wont say its impossible.  you could try replacing if you think its depleted but keep in mind, you might end up w/ a cartridge you can no longer utilize

HP Recommended

Hello again Apone . The error prevented the cartridge carrier from moving transversly , thus preventing the removal of the two cartridges . I contacted the seller by phone , explaining the error, who said the fault could be the depleted colour cartridge . He immediately offered a replacement unit , which I accepted . So once again many thanks for your help . 

Drive Safe JD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.