Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Officejet Pro 8630

Printer screen is say there is a paper jam but there is no jam how can I clear the message?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Wis1 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Here's what you need to do, to fix or identify the issue:

Step 1: Turn the printer off, and then on again

Turning the printer off and then on resets the carriage.

1. Press the Power button to turn off the printer. If the printer does not turn off, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Wait 60 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

4. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

NOTE: 

The printer might go through a warm-up period, which might last several minutes. Wait until the warm-up period completes before you continue.

Try to print. If the error persists, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher looks like I will have to get it serviced as I have tried these directions a few times.

HP Recommended

@Wis1 If you've gone through steps 2 to 4 from the link I've shared and yet the issue persists, this could be a hardware malfunction and you are right about getting it services, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.