Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600 Model H711G

In the middle of a simple printing I got the error message "The printhead installed is not intended for this printer or it is damaged."  I have read forums, helps etc enough to know I need to clead the leads to to printhead.  I opened the door, removed the cartriges but am unable to find the "lever" that is suppose to be raised.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NanainPfl

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 6600 printer. I understand that you are getting issues with printhead and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Printhead in this printer is not a replaceable part, and there is no latch in this printer.

Reset the printer to fix this issue.

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to fix this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the suggested steps several times.  I tried to clean the areas behind the cartridges with alcohol, q-tips, etc.  I finally administered last rights and bought a new one.  Thanks for trying!

HP Recommended

@NanainPfl

Thanks for the reply.

This seems to be a hardware issue with the old cartridge.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.