Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (85 Views)

Error Printing on HP ENVY 5660 Series (Network)

Product Name: ENVY 5660
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I've been getting the following error message when attempting to print a Word doc:

Error printing on HP ENVY 5660 series (Network).  The printer couldn't print Microsoft Word - New Microsoft Word Document

When I cancel the job and make a second attempt, the document usually prints as it should.  Does anyone know what is causing this error message to appear?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (61 Views)

Re: Error Printing on HP ENVY 5660 Series (Network)

@lmwapner,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print the Microsoft Word Document in the first attempt from your HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the firmware is not updated.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

​​​​​​​

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation