Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 3 (139 Views)

Error Printing on HP ENVY 5660 Series (Network)

Product Name: ENVY 5660
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I've been getting the following error message when attempting to print a Word doc:

Error printing on HP ENVY 5660 series (Network).  The printer couldn't print Microsoft Word - New Microsoft Word Document

When I cancel the job and make a second attempt, the document usually prints as it should.  Does anyone know what is causing this error message to appear?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: Error Printing on HP ENVY 5660 Series (Network)

@lmwapner,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print the Microsoft Word Document in the first attempt from your HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the firmware is not updated.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

​​​​​​​

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Teacher
Message 3 of 3 (48 Views)

Re: Error Printing on HP ENVY 5660 Series (Network)

Yeah, it's too bad this printer seems to need updating.  Mine is about 2 months old and needed it for a diffferent problem found with the troubleshooter.  So, get the current software for this printer for your particular computer at 123.HP.com.  It walks you through the install and should work when done.   I also use Win 10 and Word (the older versions ( I don't buy the expensive MS Office).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation