05-05-2020 03:33 PM
Getting error code B88BAC66. Printer is asking to in install set up cartridges. This printer is several years old. I tried to install new cartridges but still received the code. I fear I have just wasted expensive cartridges on a malfunctioning printer. I have also not been able to scan for some time and the printer keeps going offline for no reason.
05-12-2020 07:42 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check if the print carriage is moving freely.
To bypass the use of setup ink cartridges, we have to perform a reset on the printer.
The reset will work only if you are able to bypass the error and access the home screen of the printer.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee