Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 3630 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to print emails and/or documents.  Printer has been working fine.

Now getting message on PC

Error printing on HP83E57 (HP Deskjet 3630 Series)

Have downloaded and installed all HP support software which shows all ok (connections included).

No error messages on actual printer.

Have rebooted everything and still nothing.

HELP!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ArcherA,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding errors with printing. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a software or windows update?
  • Did you bypass power strips and connect the computer directly to the wall outlet?

For now please run the print and scan doctor from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861  and check if it fixes the issue

If it does not please uninstall the printer completely by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 

Then reinstall the full feature software from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306 after selecting the correct operating system.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David

I have resolved the problem and fortunately didn't have to uninstall and reinstall anything.

I was using the support website and accidentally came upon a page that instructed me to do an online test page of some sort.  Did it and lo and behold problem solved.

Unfortunately I doubt I will ever be able to find the page again!!

Thanks for your assistance and advice.  Greatly appreciated.

Regards

Anne

HP Recommended

@ArcherA

Hi,

As @DavidSMP is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I'm glad to know that the issue is finally fixed and appreciate your efforts greatly. Wish you happy printing! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.