02-24-2020 11:56 AM
When I try to print with my HP Laptop, I get the message "Paper Out". I have an HP Envy 5660 printer that works perfectly with my MacBook and also worked with my old Microsoft Surface. I have not been able to print from my HP Laptop since I bought it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-27-2020 06:59 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. if the issue is limited to only the one PC, this could be a driver issue. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
If you are able to make a copy with no issues, skip the above step and proceed to the next step.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee