Marshy969
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message - this printer isnt avaiable right now

Deskjet 2540 All in one A9U22B

Help

When connecting with HP wireless direct I get the above message.  This is using either android 2 versions or windows 10 off two different PCs.  I have updated the HP print service plug in on android.  HP smart app cant see the printer.

I am able to connect to the printer wirelessly with all devices and the printer is visible.

HP smart app cant see the printer presumably because the printer isn't connected to wifi - hence next problem.

I am also able to enter the admin page. 

I have an old router configured and need to change to a new one.  I follow the steps on the set up wizard and following successful steps, the message is 'a problem occurred during the wireless conection test.  these settings have not been saved'.

I am also unable to connect the printer to the wifi network using the advanced set up - (the old router SSID remains as the only connection)

Help please

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 423 523
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message - this printer isnt avaiable right now

@Marshy969, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you are connecting the phone and the printer using Wifi-Direct, your Phone will not have Internet access.

HP Smart app can detect the printer if connected via Wifi-Direct too.

If you would like to connect the printer to the wireless network, follow these steps:

• Make sure the printer and the phone are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the phone also should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Connect the printer to the wireless network using WPS method

Refer to this document. 

Now, use HP Smart app to print

Click here to know how to print using the app.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation