05-09-2019 08:21 AM
I have a new HP Officejet 6962 printer. Whenever I try to change the printing preferences (quality, layout, etc.), I get the following message: Function Address 0x71af9129 caused a protection fault (exception code 0xe06d7363) The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly" I have tried several fixes. I have downloaded the HP drivers again and it seems to work ok until shutdown and restart the computer. When I do that the problem returns. Any recommendations?
05-10-2019 02:34 PM
@Brent12 Welcome to HP Forums Community!
This looks like a job for a clean installation of the printer drivers as that should resolve the issue:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, unplug the USB cable from the printer (if present).
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: Click here
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
05-12-2019 07:48 AM
Prior to getting your response, I was able to fix the problem. Here is what I did:
- I uninstalled the HP drivers/programs related to the new printer.
- I reinstalled the printer using the Windows "Add Printer or Scanner" command in the settings porting of Windows instead of installing it directly from the HP program.
This seems to have fixed the problem. I have shut down/restarted my computer several times since I did this and the printer seems to work okay.
Thanks for your help.
05-13-2019 11:32 AM
That said, if you need anything else, feel free to write back to us, anytime!
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee