Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
PhotoSmart All in One 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have now purchased several HP manufactured (not refilled) new ink cartridges and continue to get an error indicating the cartridge(s) are missing or damaged - "Cartridge problem. One or more cartridges appear to be missing or damaged."

Thus far I have followed the following recommendations:

• Cleaned the contacts
  • Bent the tabs out to get them seated more securely
  • Turn printer off - waiting the recommended time - pressed the "on" button to discharge all memory
  • Removed the print head & cleaned the contacts
  • Re-install the printer driver.

What else can be done?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Terri2020 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting an error saying missing or damaged cartridge.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I see that you have performed all the required steps, however, I request you to reset the printer once and update the firmware and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.
  2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

If the issue persists, then it might be a hardware issue and I suggest you contact phone support to check the available service options for your printer.

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended

@Terri2020

I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help. 

Cheers 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.