01-20-2020 05:47 PM
I have now purchased several HP manufactured (not refilled) new ink cartridges and continue to get an error indicating the cartridge(s) are missing or damaged - "Cartridge problem. One or more cartridges appear to be missing or damaged."
Thus far I have followed the following recommendations:
- Cleaned the contacts
- Bent the tabs out to get them seated more securely
- Turn printer off - waiting the recommended time - pressed the "on" button to discharge all memory
- Removed the print head & cleaned the contacts
- Re-install the printer driver.
What else can be done?
01-23-2020 10:41 AM
@Terri2020 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are getting an error saying missing or damaged cartridge.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
I see that you have performed all the required steps, however, I request you to reset the printer once and update the firmware and check if it helps.
Here is how it is done.
- Press the Power button to turn on the product.
- With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
If the issue persists, then it might be a hardware issue and I suggest you contact phone support to check the available service options for your printer.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.