Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3070 B611 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Deskjet 3070 B611 series. I get the Error: yellow cartridge missing. I use genuine HP cartridges. Replacing by a brandnew cartridge does not help. Cleaning the contact points does not help. Resetting the printer by disconnecting the power cable does not help.

What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WimC,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Gather the following materials:

• Clean, lint-free swabs that will not come apart or leave fibers

• A sheet of paper to place the cartridges on

2. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

3. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the access area.

Figure : Open the cartridge access door

Image: Open the cartridge access door
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

5. Press the tab on the front of the cartridge in to release it, and then pull up on the cartridge to remove it from the slot.

Figure : Remove the cartridge from the slot

Image: Remove the cartridge from the slot
  6. Hold the cartridge by its sides, and then find the electrical contacts on the bottom of the cartridge. The electrical contacts are four small rectangles of copper-colored metal.

Figure : Cartridge contacts

1. Cartridge contacts

7. Inspect the contacts for ink and debris buildup.

8. Wipe the contacts with a swab until no debris remains on them.

CAUTION: 

Be careful to wipe only the contacts. Do not smear any ink or debris elsewhere on the cartridge.

9. Turn the cartridge on its side, and then place it onto the sheet of paper.

10. Locate the electrical contacts in the cartridge slot. The contacts are four copper-colored pins.

Figure : Location of the cartridge slot contacts

Image: Location of the cartridge slot contacts
  11. Wipe the contacts with a swab until no debris remains on them.

12. With the contacts facing down, slide the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place.

Figure : Insert the cartridge

Image: Insert the cartridge
  13. Repeat these steps to clean and reinsert any of the other cartridges.

14. Close the cartridge access door.

Figure : Close the cartridge access door

Image: Close the cartridge access door
  15. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

16. Press the Power button () to turn on the product if it does not turn on automatically.

If you continue facing the issue, follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3070a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-b611/4311847/docum...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.