Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY5032
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Try to make wireless copying but ENVY 5032 keeps on offline ((done maybe everything but something might have not been done). 

Yes internet is ok, IP ok . Scanning goes but printing not. I have VPN too in my laptop (is that a problem). Done sometimes but keeps saying offline and even says offline sometimes copy, now nothing.

I have windows 8,1 with laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello,

Please 
restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: 
    Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Try to print.

If the issue persists, please check the status of the printer as follows:

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, and then press Enter key. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click the name of your HP ENVY 5000 Series Printer, and then click See what's printing.
  4. Click Printer menu, then uncheck Pause printing and uncheck Use Printer Offline.
  5. Try to print again.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hello,

Please 
restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: 
    Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Try to print.

If the issue persists, please check the status of the printer as follows:

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, and then press Enter key. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click the name of your HP ENVY 5000 Series Printer, and then click See what's printing.
  4. Click Printer menu, then uncheck Pause printing and uncheck Use Printer Offline.
  5. Try to print again.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank You! Who  would have known this kind of special way of settings....." always easy setup" says on product pagage. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.