Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Hp printer 7520 has leaked ink into the right corner of the paper tray.  The "squirt area" was looking pretty full.  I assume that there is a cavity which leads the ink down to an absorbent pad.  Can those pads be replaced?   I am assuming that one of my refilled cartridges failed and must have allowed excessive ink to be released.  However, my cartridge usage has not changed all that much.  This problem occurred during a recent multiple printing task of black and white only.  To play safe, I replace the black xl with a genuine HP cartridge.  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That's normal, there is no ink leakage, on the right side of the printer is a service station, part of the printer used to clean the printhead and to collect waste ink.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

The leak point was in the right corner of the paper tray which then was absorbed by the paper.  That is not normal.

HP Recommended

Service station gets full of waste ink and overfills out inside the printer.

Did you regularly service your printer? Overfill can't happen if you maintain your printer regularly.

Did you move your printer so it got tilted?

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.