• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Expired printer ink

HP Recommended
C5180 Printer

I have the above printer, which is not used terribly frequently. It won't currently print because three of the six cartridges are "expired". They are still very new and have a lot of ink in them. How do I use what's left. If I buy more cartridges, the same problem will crop up before they are empty. Please help. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 1
Level 1
5 5 0 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Thanks for joining HP Expert Day! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your cartridges. 

Take a look at this support document: HP Inkjet Supplies - Aging Ink Supplies Stop Working to Protect the Ink System, which might explain why you are seeing the error. Does this help? 

Thanks, 

Natalie 

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi TWTillman,

I would advise checking out Natalie-B's post to see why you might be experiencing the issue. If you're a low usage printer, HP offers Instant Ink on eligible printers. 

Instant Ink allows you to print for free ($0.00/month) for up to 15 pages per month.

I see you're using an HP PhotoSmart C5180 All‑in‑One Multifunction, which isn't currently supported by Instant Ink. If you'd like to enroll in Instant Ink, I'd suggest picking up a new printer (some DeskJets go for less than $50). Just a thought!

riley-m

I am a HP employee, but I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP

Please click the Kudos Star if my post helped you

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation