Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thanks, I will try that.

But before I do, I just discovered something.  My wife has a MacBook Pro and it wirelessly prints flawlessly and rapidly to this printer without any problem whatsoever.  This might seem to point the problem at my computer (Acer laptop with Windows 7 64 bit).  Does that change your diagnostic ?

HP Recommended

I just want to say thanks Wi-Fi Guy.

The top secret 802.11b/g behavior setting fixed my issue as well.  For the record, I ran this printer for about a year on a Linksys WRT54G with no issues at all.  The WRT54G finally gave up the ghost and I had to replace the router.  I chose a Linksys/Cisco e1000 as a budget conscious choice. 

Once I had the e1000 up and running, I started having the same issues with the C309g.  It would print normally on and off, but never reliably.  The trick you gave to force the printer to b/g fixed my problem after I had pretty much exhausted the other avenues I could think of. 

Mike

HP Recommended

What I just discovered is that if my Windows 7 64 bit computer is asleep, printing works great from the other computers.

If it is awake, then the printing gets extremely slow,.

So far I have tried:

- turned off wireless network hopping, this helped connectivity.

- turned off UPNP, no help

- turned off Bluetooth, no help

Things I plan on trying next

- disable  HP Network Devices Support Service (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/HP-Photosmart-Premium-c309g-wireless-ne...)

- disable HP Digital imaging monotir

- disable wireless access to the Window 7 64 bit PC only

Something has to help.

HP Recommended

disable  HP Network Devices Support Service worked

HP Recommended

I also found that the random printer errors and network interruptions where the printer shows a flashing screen saying to reboot the printer is caused by UPNP being enabled on the printer..

I am not sure what the issue is, my Netgear router supports UPNP, everything seems to work well for a while, but then every 2-6 days the printer goes wacko and all computers on my network lose connection to the Internet and the printer shows the reboot error message.

Turning off UPNP stopped that printer annoyance.

Between disabling the UPNP and the 64 bit Windows 7 HP Network Devices Support Service this printer is becoming a usable piece of hardware again.

Turning off printing in color saves photo black ink when printing normal documents, for another tip.  Lots of tweaks to make it work, but when it does it is a trooper.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, did not have the "blanking" of the gateway and DNS work for me, and I noticed when pinging the printer it would reply in either 5-10ms, or timeout altogether.  Both printing and navigating the printer's web site to be insanely slow.  

To solve it, I left the default gateway to be the same as the other computers on my network, but replaced the DNS address with Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), which immediately fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

Wow !!! Thanks, guy.  I did the same thing with static DNS.  I fixed my HP OJ 4650 by changing my DNS from 4.2.2.5 and 4.2.2.6 to Google's DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

SUDDENLY my CMD window with "ping 'IPadd-of-printer' -t" went WAY down in milliseconds and NEVER BURPED. !!!

Virtual Bro Love to you, my friend.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.