SP4923
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

***FIXED*** Error when trying to print to HP 8710

HP 8710 OfficeJet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

***  NEVER MIND!!  FIgured it out. ***    I purchased an HP 8710 OfficeJet several months ago and it has been printing just fine up until today.  I tried to print a 44 page PDF (duplexed) and got the error message that the printer couldn't print the document.  I thought maybe the document was too big so I cleared the print queue and tried to just print 1 page.  Got the same error.  I went to the HP Smart app / Printer Reports and successfully printed the Printer Status Report.  I turned the printer off and back on and tried everything again with the same results.  I tried other documents (Word, Excel, WordPad) and they would not print.  I turned the printer off, unplugged it for 30 seconds and turned it back on.  Same results.  This is VERY frustrating.  Last month I had a problem with the printer going offline and had to reinstall everything so I am getting fed up with this printer! 

Anyone experienced the same issue?  If so, what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
32,653 26,027 2,379 8,058
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the benefit of others that may search the forum and see your post please post some details of the issue you had and how you solved it.  Then mark your response as "Accept as solution" which will make it easier for others to find.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
SP4923
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My problem is resolved.  I figured out that it was my fault.  I recently replaced an older HP printer with a newer one.  Somehow, after several weeks, my "default" printer got reset to the old printer and I was trying to print to the old printer.  Once I reset the default back to my new printer, everything works just fine.  Sorry for the confusion!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation