Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello-

Still searching for the solution- my printer is still not working wirelessly since it is stuck with the old SSID and will not allow me to change it to the new one. If anyone knows how to reconfigure the network or perform a full reset on the printer, PLEASE HELP! I am reduced to pulling the printer out of the cabinet and using a USB cable to print... sooooo 1996. 🙂

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have the exact issue that run smuggler has. Can you please send me the hard reset you suggested that fixed thier problem. I have triedd everything I have found on these forums and on the HP website with no success.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. We recently switched service providers and I tried to update my network settings for the printer and suddenly my printer's touchscreen is stuck on the loading page. No wireless can be set up because the wireless light doesnt even come on. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue now after a move and using a new router. 

Something gets fouled up somewhere between the Step 2 and Step 3 that @midnight-anwrs referenced. I select Restore Network Defaults and the light goes off. Then, I press the Wireless button again to Enable Wireless. The blue light blinks 2 or 3 times, and then it shines solid, no blinking. My computer then does not see the printer's own network signal, so there is no way to create an ad hoc connection.

I was able to print out the Wireless Network Test Report from the printer's electronic menu. In the "Diagnostics Summary" portion of that report, it says "FAIL" for the "Network Name (SSID) Found" test, and various other tests were not run, seemingly as a consequence of the failure on the SSID test. It also reports "not applicable" for IP Address in the "Configuration Summary" portion of the Wireless Network Test Report.

For what it's worth, I was also able to print out some other kind of report from the printer's electronic menu. That report indicates that the printer is seeing all the relevant networks, including mine, that are in the vicinity. Also, at this point, I am no longer seeing any sign that the printer has a memory of the previous network.

I also have tried a semi-full reset, and went through the setup steps again when I switched the printer back on, however this does not seem to have helped - the wireless radio blinked 3 times and then went solid again. 

Can you help? 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Mine never got past the loading page, and the wireless light wouldn't come on anymore. 

Since my printer wasn't serviced by HP anymore, there was no one to help. I needed a printer that worked that day, so I researched and decided to get a laser printer this time around. I'm hoping it will save on ink replacement since I was paying $80/2 months with the HP cartridges. It cost more to replace the ink that the printer cost in the beginning!

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue with my printer. Can you please send me the file to reset it. nothing else has ever worked since changing routers.

thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @rumsmuggler, did you ever get an answer for this ? I have a similar issue and have not been able to factory reset the printer. If you did, could you share in private message?

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Can you PM me the instructions, I have the same issue.

HP Recommended

can someone provide me with the reset instructions, Ive got the same issue.  really sucks that HP is hiding the secret sauce and not even fixing their lousy software.

HP Recommended

doesnt look like anyone from HP has responded to anyone on this thread for a while, can someone share the steps to reset their printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.