Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
I am having the same problem with my printer. It is up to date on updates but I can't change the SSID.
HP Recommended

I'd encourage anyone still having issues to try the steps in the accepted answer for this post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/Photosmart-C4780-stuck-on-HP-logo-indefinit...

HP Recommended

Why, why, why is this so difficult, and why are the answers apparently so esoteric!!! Completely failing using either old or new software to reconfigure the wifi settings (having moved house) to connect an HP 4780 to a windows 10 laptop. The supplied information and the handholding process throughout the install manages to be both patronising and dis-ingenuous at the same time...

Please can someone tell me (and all the other people that seem to be stuck in the same position) something that will offer a ray of hope and will ideally make the problem go away?!

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.