Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some reason my earlier post asking for a solution to this has been deleted, so here I go again..

I need to factory reset my printer as I cannot gain admin access to the secured features in the web interface. 

Reason: I set the admin password, but something went wrong during the process and I can no longer login as Admin to change any of the secured settings.

I've seen solutions saying hold the power button and X button at the same time while powering up, but this did not work for me.

I should also point out that I enabled HTTPS redirection at the same time, seems this may be the source of the issue looking at other posts.  In any case I need to factory reset, please let me know how to achieve this.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@GrumpyChops, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Restore network settings to default settings that may help

Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

Try to access the EWS page and check if the issue persists.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

I don't need to reset network settings, I need to do a total factory reset of the printer. I need to get the admin password set back to as it was out of the box/ factory. I believe it was initially blank.

Regards,

Jon

HP Recommended

@GrumpyChops

I understand. Resetting the network settings resets the admin password. As this printer does not have a control panel/screen, there is no option to perform a factory reset.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry, but resetting the network does not reset the admin password.

I have reset the network settings as directed, connected to the printer via its own WiFi, gone to the web service, I still can't login. See attached, the interfaces e.g. to setup WiFi are locked. Trying to login is not successful. Therefore, I can't use the printer anymore.

Surely there is a method of fully resetting the printer? 

Regards,

JonPrinterWeb.JPG

HP Recommended

@GrumpyChops

That's unfortunate. If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for further assistance:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Urgh, the printer is now out of warranty, so it looks like I'm going to be taking it to the dump. I'm not going to pay for out of warranty service to fix this.

I cannot believe that there is no button combination to perform a full reset of the device.

Disappointed.

HP Recommended

@GrumpyChops

To assist you further, I need additional information.

• I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please can you send me the same reply?

Or publish it ... really this issue of getting blocked is too bad... and all the search results, here, end in "please contact directly".

HP Recommended

@DrLS Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you are not able to access the EWS page of the printer and if you have tried resetting the network settings as mentioned in my first post, but the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team as there is no option to perform a factory reset on this printer:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.