1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Factory reset for 6978 printer

Officejet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I too need to factory reset my 6978 to reset the admin password. If someone whose done this and knows the procedure could contact me I'd really appreciate it! 

Thanks! 

Dave

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,343 19,246 1,099 1,186
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Davedkv

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer which are particular for your printer model. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This is not a solution, you have sent it to the op but no one else can see the steps. 

NOT helpful;

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,584 7,576 494 608
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @mcmarj

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device. Hence a private message will be sent with the reset instructions and not be posted publicly.
  • Let me know if you need the reset instructions.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

can I please get this info. I am currently locked out of making any network changes (aka locked by the person who set up the printer)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,584 7,576 494 608
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @rocketdog206

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

• I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation