Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
psc 1310
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Orignally when replacing the black cartridge with a color cartridge the computer did print the alignment page.  When putting the black cartridge back in, the alignment page would print, I would put the alignment document on the glass, press scan and the black cartridge was aligned.  So I installed the latest driver.  Now neither the black or color cartridge would print a alignment page.

When trying to align the cartridges from the HP Solution I print the alignment document, place it on the glass, but, I'm told to press the OK button.  But my printer does not have an OK button.  So, I try the scan button but and it merely scans the document to my computer.

I am at a loss as to what to do next.  I'd appreciate any help you can provide,  Uncle Dewey

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@UncleDewey,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing alignment issues after replacing the cartridges of your HP PSC 1310 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the scanner glass is not clean or the cartridges may not be detected by the unit.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: 'Alignment Unsuccessful'

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

After reading the entire document I concluded that the problem was "new" print cartridges.  Another possible problem was my not waiting long enough for the printer to print the alignment document--it does take awhile and one needs to watch the on/resume light and wait until the light quits blinking.

Now I have figure out why photos are not the color they should be.  I have sent one photo to a on-line print site and will see how the photo looks when done by a professional.

Thanks for listening,  Uncle Dewey

HP Recommended

Hi @UncleDewey, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply. Please do let me know if the printer is working fine or do you need any further assistance. 

If the cartridge needs to be replaced, please contact our phone support for the service options.

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.