Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Just changed black cartridge authentic HP, says full and all ok but no black printing. Cleaned heads re-installed printer updated drivers, no success. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@S_CD62-

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you need support, and I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I'll need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: Click here 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is a HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer;  It is just the black ink that is faint; I have been thru all the steps in the 'Print and Scan Doctor' ; and thru the resulting HP Support apge when the doctor didn't resolve the issue. I was hopefull when I read about the vent option- it was covered over on the black cartridge, however that seemed to be a temp reprieve. It was working fine about 2-3 days ago.

HP Recommended

@Dundeedek Thank you for the details!

I suggest you check if the copier works fine as a stand-alone device if it doesn't this could be a hardware malfunction,

however, if it does and yet the printer isn't printing black please start with reinstalling the windows drivers using the steps suggested by HP (I know you've done it, but perform the below steps if its different from what you've done):

Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

Now check for issue resolution.

If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present. 

Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: Click here & download the full feature software

If the issue persists, I suggest you Click here and follow Step 7 to 11 to resolve the issue.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The ink runs out very very quickly after only about 12-14 pages what could be wrong? we have had 4 new ink cartriges since Christmas and we are just a normal house hold

HP Recommended

@eddyeagle Does that mean the printer is printing fine now? or you are expressing the other concern while diagnosing this one?

While you respond to that, I suggest you give me the results of the steps suggested earlier, if the issue persists,

If not, I'm glad its working and the best way to ensure the printer isn't using more than the usual ink, try printing in eco mode and also, check this link for details on how many pages (yield) are supported by your cartridges: Click here

Keep me posted

And I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Printer does print, but after printing  I get an error message saying to retry inserting the ink cartridge and the ink runs out (It says to replace Ink ) very very quickly like I said after about 12 pages It should print 170 by the data.

HP Recommended

@eddyeagle If you've already replaced the print cartridge and yet the issue persists, this could be an issue with the printhead and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.