Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
CN255C
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello!
I have Photosmart В010b.
Recently, the control panel displays an error "Failure ink system 0xc19a0003. Switch off and then turn on the printer".
Printing and copying it became impossible. Scanner works.
I have completed all of the recommended actions on the site HP but the error was not corrected.
I read the site HP about Ink cartridge warranty. I rarely print. Cartridges were manufactured in 2012.
Please let me know what should be done to the printer worked fine.
Have a nice day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Konstas

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that your Photosmart B010b is giving you an ink system failure message.

I would like to help.

You have probably gone through the following document.

'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error M...

If you have cleaned the print head and performed everything in this document:

Error code '0xC19A0003'

Then the printhead needs to be replaced.

Also, most ink cartridges have a 2 year expiration/best before date.

Your problem could be with the older ink cartridges.

What is ink expiration and will it make my HP ink supplies stop working?

Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Konstas

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that your Photosmart B010b is giving you an ink system failure message.

I would like to help.

You have probably gone through the following document.

'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error M...

If you have cleaned the print head and performed everything in this document:

Error code '0xC19A0003'

Then the printhead needs to be replaced.

Also, most ink cartridges have a 2 year expiration/best before date.

Your problem could be with the older ink cartridges.

What is ink expiration and will it make my HP ink supplies stop working?

Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your kind support.
Unfortunately Printhead cost expensive and it is comparable to the cost of a new printer. More profitable to sell the printer for parts. Do you have the service trade in?

What I can be cleaned printhead else?

If I change one ink cartridge and the rest will leave. Will problem be solved? Or do I need to change all ink cartridges?

Please explain. What you mean: What is ink expiration and will it make my HP ink supplies stop working?

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Hi Konstas,

What I meant by 'What is ink expiration and will it make my HP ink supplies stop working?' is that I wanted to make you aware that sometimes expired ink can cause problems. Your post mentioned that the ink cartridges were manufactured in 2012. As we are currently in 2015, the ink cartridges could be expired, or very close to being expired.

HP does have a trade in trade up program.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I had the same problem today. All I had to do was change one of my inks and problem solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.