12-27-2019 10:13 AM
I am trying to make a copy of a document on my OfficeJet Pro 8715 printer and I keep getting the message "the ink carriage cannot move. Please remove any paper jam" (or something like that). However the carriage is able to move and there is no jam. What can I do to fix this?
12-30-2019 03:55 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Remove all the cartridges and reset the Printer too.
Also, let's update the Printer firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-01-2020 07:53 PM