Did you mean: 
Toniib Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

False paper jam message

I have an hp photosmart 1315 printer and it keeps reading paper jam. I have cleared the paper, cleaned the rollers, moved the cartridges freely, hard reset. Just about anything that the forums or internet could of said. Yet i am still having the same problem now it has a clanking noise upon startup after it comes out the carridge once it reaches the left corner (if you are looking at it from the front). I just put new ink in today and only printed the hp photosmart on the test page before it stopped and reported a paper jam. Can you help me please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,371 11,176 547 575
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

False paper jam message

@Toniib

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

Appreciate all your time and efforts!

Make sure you have followed all the below troubleshooting.

Step one: Remove any loose paper

1. Remove any loose paper from the In tray and Out tray.

CAUTION:

Do not remove jammed paper at this stage.

2. Press the Cancel button () on the product control panel to clear the paper jam message.

3. If the paper jam message cleared, try the print job again.

• If these steps resolved the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, see the next step.

Step two: Clear the jam from the back of the printer

1. Press the Power button () to turn off the product.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the product.

3. Remove the rear access door: Turn the knob one-quarter turn to the left, and then pull the door away from the product.

Figure : Remove the rear access door

4. Gently pull the paper out of the rollers.

CAUTION:

If the paper tears when removing it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the device. If any torn pieces of paper remain inside the device, then more paper jams are likely to occur.

Step three: Clean the rollers

While the rear door is removed from the product and the power cord is disconnected, clean the paper rollers.

1. Wipe the paper rollers with a lint-free cloth that is lightly moistened with distilled or bottled water.

Rotate the rollers with your fingers to clean all the way around.

Figure : Clean the paper rollers

2. Allow the rollers to dry completely.

3. Replace the rear access door. Gently push the door toward the product, and then lock it in place by turning the knob one-quarter turn to the right or locked position.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.

5. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

Step four: Reload paper and test the printer

Load a stack of plain white paper in the In tray and try the print job again.

1. Lift the Out tray.

2. Pull out the In tray using the handles on either side of the tray.

3. Pull out the paper-length guide on the In tray and slide the paper-width guide as far to the left as it will go.

4. Load a stack of plain white paper, print-side down into the In tray.

Make sure the paper stack is no higher than the top of the paper-length guide.

5. Slide the paper-width and paper length guides in to fit snugly against the paper stack.

Figure : Slide paper guides inward

1. Paper-width guide

2. Paper-length guide

6. Lower the Out tray.

7. Disengage the photo tray: On the Out tray, pull the slider (visible through the Out tray) away from the product until it stops.

Figure : Disengage the photo tray

8. Try the print job again.

Update the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-1300-printer-series/43052/model/43053/document/c0... 

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation