cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
9 4 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

False "Ink Cartridge Replacement Required"

HP Recommended
Designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I replaced an empty black in cartridge on my Designjet 500 and, after a couple of days, the panel on the plotter indicated "Ink cartridge replacement required" The ink icon was a solid black rectangle,as if there was no cartridge at all. I cleaned the contacts for the cartridge, No change. I replace the cartridge with another new one and plotter worked fine for a couple of days and then I received the same message, "Ink Cartridge Replacement Required". I assumed that the chip in the cartridge was faulty. I cleaned the contacts in the ink supply station again and installed another new cartridge. Worked OK for a couple of days and today the  "Ink Cartridge Replacement Required" message came up again. Would a new ink supply station fix this problem?

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation