cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
8 2 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Faulty HP cartridge

HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I appreciate the continued messages I receive about the Envy 4500 that developed issues with printing in black, either Word documents or copying from the deck.  For weeks I chased various suggestions and finally accepted one writer's advice that the machine's printhead was shot.  Enter new Envy 4500.  Maddeningly, it had the same problem when I first put in the HP XL black cartridge I'd opened for the previous copier.  Then when I tried the second Envy's sample black cartridge, both machines worked fine.

I know trouble-shooting advises to "try a new cartridge," which I did not do

a) because I'd just opened one and

b)  I was not about to invest $$ over a cartridge for a machine that was declared dead. 

Sooooo, a lesson in there somewhere.  Again, thanks to all those who participated! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
385 375 23 104
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What a frustrating situation! If your printer and/or cartridge(s) were new, they should be under warranty. I would contact HP for replacements if you continue to experience issues.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-ENVY-4500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304875

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation