11-13-2013 10:27 AM
Dear Supporturchased photosmart 5524 but keeps cutting out led at rear entrance goes bright then dims and goes off plug retn;d same to J.Lewis faulty under warranty wont switch on at front display,replacement sent with same problem contacted J.Lewis the only way I found out of problem is by holding on button on display and putting power on 13amp socket to keep on is this a problem with these printers or will I return this one as well..
11-13-2013 02:15 PM
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
01-13-2014 01:48 PM
I realize this is an older post, just wanted folks to know there is a solution if you happen to stumble across this.
To recover a printer affected by this issue, unplug the power cable from the printer, plug it back in and press the power button within 5 seconds of pugging the power cord back in. Then use one of the following tactics:
- A permanent firmware solution is now available via Product Update*
- The permanent solution will also be available on HP.COM via FW download (Spring 2014)
- Or, as a workaround for customers who don’t want to update FW, do not power the printer off and set the printer’s AutoOff setting to OFF
*NOTE: Your printer must be connected to Web Services in order to pull the update from HP’s Cloud. Instructions for enabling Web Services are provided below.
Enable Web Services:
Important : The HP product must connect to a wireless network with an active Internet connection to receive updates. However, the product does not need to be connected to a computer.
On the printer control panel, press the ePrint icon. The Web Services Settings menu opens.
- If Web Services is already enabled , the printer checks for updates, and then returns to the home screen if an update is not found. If an update is found, the update installs automatically. The printer might power off and on depending on the type of update. You do not need to continue with these steps.
- Press OK to accept the terms of service.
- When prompted to accept future updates, press OK .
- If no product updates are available, press OK to close the Printer Updates screen.
- If product updates are available, press OK to start the updates.
CAUTION: Do not turn off the printer or attempt to use any of the printer functions until the update is complete.
- After the update, wait while the printer restarts.
NOTE: The printer restarts even after an unsuccessful update.