Scott_C1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Faulty printer replaced with faulty printer - can't contact HP

HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows XP

I had an HP Envy 5540 printer for 3 months, when it suddenly came up with "paper jam" error code.  Along with HP helpdesk we ascertained there was a hardware issue.  They agreed to send a replacement.  A WEEK later, the replacement arrived and guess what "paper jam" showed up as soon as it was turned on.  When I enter the serial numner on HP wesbite it says "this has been exchanged"). So I've obviously been sent a second hand replacement item, which has the same issue.

I cannot contact anyone on chat as I'm not given the option.

I NEED a replacement printer which works, and I need to send back the two faulty printers.   

5 REPLIES 5
RiderPro
Level 4
78 77 6 66
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi !

HP replace the defective machine with the refurbished printers.Refurbished printers are as good as new printers.They are either channel returned or slightly customers used which have page count as low as 2-3 pages.
For ex : Suppose Walmart purchased 20 printers from HP and if they fail to sell them within specific period of time then they return those units back to HP and in order to test the hardware functionality of the printer ,technician open the boxes and print test pages .Since they are open so according to federal law they can't be mentioned as new units.

So my point is that you received a defective unit by chance and it is very rare .So the solution is : You can find the serial number of the replacement printer at the back of the printer which is 10 digit alphanumeric number written on the white sticker.
Use that serial number to initiate a chat session and get HP tech online.If you will still face any issue then contact them on :. 1800-474-6836 (USA and Canada customers ).
The original printer serial number will not work as it is exchanged with another unit so use the serial number of the replacement unit.

Regards,
Rider

If you find it helpful then hit kudos and it that works then accept it as a solution .

0 Kudos
Scott_C1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already tried the serial number of replacement printer and it says “this product has been exchanged”... obviously still in the system from when it was originally defective and the previous owner started a chat.

Therefore I can’t atart a chat and am totally stuck...
0 Kudos
RiderPro
Level 4
78 77 6 66
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have another way to initiate a chat session : Are you an US citizen or any other ?
0 Kudos
Scott_C1
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I live in the UK
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Techy_Guy
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Call UK instant ink support team via https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en and ask the technician to get you connected to the printer department / queue
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation