Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently changed my wireless set-up at home and so need to update the wireless settings on my printer.  I am currently showing as offline (as to be expected).  Everyhting I try leads to a 'The feature has been locked by your administrator or the person who set up the printer'.  As I am the only person who has ever set up the printer, etc I am stuck.  Any suggestions welcome.  Also, my apologies if this is an issue that has come up before, but I couldn't find an answer that worked for me.  Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RosieAJ1,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Let's try to perform an advanced reset on the printer. Doing this will set the printer back to the factory settings. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform an advanced reset on the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@RosieAJ1,

Let's try to perform an advanced reset on the printer. Doing this will set the printer back to the factory settings. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform an advanced reset on the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Fixed!  Thank you so much 🙂 

HP Recommended

@RosieAJ1,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need the fix for being locked out by your administrator.  I am the administrator and don't know how to proceed.  I tried resetting to factory settings from the printer but that was also locked (greyed out).  

HP Recommended

Hi 

I have the same issue with my 8720 printer, can I get the details on the advanced reset

Thanks

Tom

HP Recommended

@tomhonfulwood,

We are going to provide you some additional steps via PM that are specific related to your product model.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same issue. After making some changes via web browser I am locked out of making any changes in the control panel. Please HELP!!!

Widows 10 Home 64 bit

Officejet Pro 8610

HP Recommended

@LeonD1959

Let's try resetting the printer to factory settings by performing Semi-Full reset.

I have sent you a private message, to reset the printer that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!! Your solution work perfectly!!! All in under 5 minutes.

HP Officejet Pro 8610

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.