Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Any HP representatives out there need to read this before they lose a long time corporate customer.

I need to downgrade the firmware on a couple of HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 printers from 001.1937C to a lower version.  I know version 1617C works with the LD Products ink that we have in stock.  I have the Version 1617C firmware installer but it will not allow me to choose any of the printers that have higher firmware. 

I need the software to downgrade the firmware.  Do not waste my time telling me it does not exist, I've had enough lies from your representatives.  I am a software developer and have been in IT for 30 years.  You do not create a product with no way to step back the firmware.

I tried the suggested route and wasted over an hour with tech support in India, seriously, what a joke, what a complete waste of your money HP.  All they did was make me wonder why I continue to buy HP products.

I have over 100 HP PCs, about as many HP printers, along with HP switches and servers in the data center to upgrade next year.  I am right at the point of being done with HP, one more negative experience and it's over.  Let's see how you do with this request.

Are you more interested in providing great service and products to your customers, or are you more interested in taking as much money as you can from them?

Lately it seems to be the latter.  It seems like you are at war with your own customers.  How insane is that type of thinking.  You need to go back to the early days and make customer service your goal.  Fire the accountants and lawyers and get back to making your customers love your product and service.  Go back to the days before Fiorina when HP actually created quality products that stood the test of time.

But, first, help me with this problem 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jimelee

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm not going to waste any more time with HP.  If they offer the firmware upgrade on the website without asking for a serial number why exactly do they need one to do the downgrade.  I don't feel like answering the same questions over and over and over again, and definitely will not resolve the issue in private.

Make this information public like it should be.  As the owner of the printer, I should have the right to decide the version of firmware I want to run, and HP should make it easily available.

LD Products offered me a solution within 3 hours of my request to them.  Smaller company, better customer service.

HP Recommended

I have the same question, I need older version firmware to work with other types ink

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.