Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi DVOrtex,

Any other solutions? Our printer is less than a year old and this is happening more than once in a day and we are printing from a MAC and a Windows PC so now so sure it's a PC or MAC problem. Sounds more like a faulty product on HP's part. Any ideas for a solution. Tried the reset and as soon as I test printed a page, it was blurry.

HP Recommended

Hi, Tom115, kellyrook, alyssa1, Michelle28462

I do not know what might cause this issue of blurred first print output of the day and the workaround. Hope that any other people in the forum can help. 

I am interested on this issue and so I have just borrowed a macbook air from my friend (macOS Sierra version 10.12.1). I connect it with my HP Officejet Pro 8720 via USB cable. First trial is okay. But like Tom mentioned, the occurrence is like 1 out of 5 pages. I will update again if I can replicate it in the near future. 

If you have any suggestions to increase the chance to replicate it, please let me know. Or if you happen to keep one of the blurred output, do you mind uploading the scanned image? 

Hi Michelle28462, 

You mentioned that you are printing from a MAC and a Windows PC. Do you mean you also see this issue on a print job sent from Windows PC?

I thought this only happens on a Mac based on the other posts. Also, what is the model number of your new printer? 

Best regards,
Nugi

* Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Yes NP2015 it is happening with both the MAC and Windows PC. I have noticed, it's not only 1 page a day but is the 1st page of any print job throughout the day. We are using a HP OfficeJet Pro 8715. Thanks so much for trying to help and I hope a solution can be found soon. I will be glad to upload an image of my next blurry print. It usually has the lines on the edge like when you run the "align print heads" feature. 

HP Recommended

Hi Michelle28462, 

Thank you for your reply, info, and help. It is surprising to hear that it happens on Windows PC and it happens in the first page at every print job of the day - new information about the problem. I use Windows 7 and so far it has not happened to me yet on my HP Officejet Pro 8720. I will update again when I find something or new information. 

Best regards,
Nugi

* Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

We are running Windows 7 as well.

HP Recommended

Thanks Michelle28462. I also have access to HP Officejet Pro 8710. I'll try that as well. 

HP Recommended

Hi All, 

Just curious as my friend's macbook air default setting is two-sided (long-edge binding), have you ever printed two-sided and experienced the first print blurry issue? If yes, was the second page of the same sheet's image blur as well or only the first page?

Best regards,

Nugi

HP Recommended
Yes, actually just experienced this a couple days ago on my MacBook but I did not post a copy as the material was of the sensitive nature. The backside printed blurry and the front side printed normal.
HP Recommended

Thank you for working on this problem.  It is so frustrating!  I have the 8715 and just printed a page from this thread to upload for you to see.

HP Recommended

HP blurry print.pdf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.