Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

So I'm still having the problem....but would like to try the solution that worked with cleaning print cartridge and print head connectionstart but do not know how to remove the print head  can someone plead advise how to do so? 

HP Recommended

@smaher1

I came across your post and would like to help. 

Do you have the same HP OffieJet Pro 8720 printer or is it some other model. Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Also let me know the exact issue you're facing with the print quality and if you're using original HP ink cartridges.

I will surely assist you further. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

So I was able to remove the print head and cartridges and clean all the connections with a lint free cloth and while I did get SOME success on printing from iOS devices on Friday after the printer had been idle and was NOT getting the bad 1st page, this morning I am having the same results AGAIN.  Printing from iOS the first page is bad AGAIN.  Cleaning the print head connection and cartridges did NOT resolve the issue for me.  Can someone please please please look into this issue URGENTLY?  My printer is brand new and quite honestly this is not acceptable for it to work this way.  

HP Recommended

MKAZI, yes, if you read through the post, I have noted what my issue is, provided a picture of how my prints are showing as well as my model number.  My model is HP OfficeJet Pro 8720.  I am using ORIGINAL HP cartridges.  In fact my printer is SO NEW I am still using the ones that came with it.  

HP Recommended

After no printing since last Thu Apr 13, first print today Apr 17 was fine with no blurry.  For my situation, it appears that a combination of cleaning the copper connections and re-seating the printhead have solved the problem.  Not sure what others are finding.

HP Recommended

Let me add another HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 owner with blurry first/random problems and point out that this problem is really getting out of hand.!!

I've had this printer now 4-5 months and this problem has persisted like forever. I don't understand how HP cannot put their finger on this issue. I've done all the non-invasive cleanings. No printer should require consumer based invasive cleanings like removing print heads or any other secured internal parts as have been suggested.

This has been going on for some time and not one person at HP has been able to replicate this??? The people on this forum are just a tiny sampling of users of this printer line and HP has to understand this is not an isolated issue. There are thousands of users having this problem. They just haven't fount this thread yet.

As someone else mentioned the prime error comes following a long idle duration. Sometimes 12 hours. I wonder if its a wakeup issue, not enough time to preset the heads, or the unit is corupting the data of the first page during the wakeup.

All I know is it's a persistant problem. I've never ever had a multifunction that was less than a year old fail so badly from the start.

Like others I send documents from multiple sources. One point to mention also is all my printing is done via WifI. This machine is wirelessly connected to my Linksys AC1900 (EA6900) I feed this printer from both Win10 and Mac machines. Problem shows up regardless of the source.

HP.. Fix this.. It's gone on for long enough...!!!

Steve

Nazareth, Pa. 

HP Recommended

Our small business is experiencing this same issue: Approximately one out of every five pages prints double. This is a new printer, and we're on a fairly expensive ink-by-subscription plan from you, and we're *hating* having to pay for ink for a 20% discard rate. If there is no known fix, we would at least like to be comped for all the ink we're wasting, until you figure out a fix.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I bought a OfficeJet Pro 8715 about a month ago and am experiencing the exact problem. First print of a day is always blurry just like on the picture posted here by one of the members. The cartdriges are original one that came with it and we are using Mac products, iMac and Macbook with the latest OS.

Is there any solution to this. We have subscribed to Instant Ink Programme which means that we get at least one wasted page which adds to our monthly limit.

I'm thinking of returning the printer and swap for something else. We've never had such problem with any of the printers we owned in the past as early as mid 90s!!!

Thank you

HP Recommended

So I'm curious how we go about getting this issue addressed and resolved.  It seemed that for a time someone from HP was actually working on it and replying to these posts but that has all but stopped.  This issue is STILL going on and continuing to happen.  Let me repeat, THIS IS NOT RESOLVED.  I would like to know how to go about escalating this issue.  Myself as others have provided VERY detailed information as to when this happens, examples, and troubleshooting steps that have been performed.  All to no avail.  I have purchased numerous HP products and have the monthly subscription on ink but between the printer and paper/ink I'm wasting with this problem I'm becoming a VERY dissatisfied customer.  

PLEASE ADDRESS AND RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.  

HP Recommended
Please search the forum for my post on this subject. It's due to a firmware incompatibility between the printer and the print head. A new print head will completely solve the problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.