cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Forgot the Printer Password: How to reset the password: Can't connect printer to WIFI

HP Recommended
HP Ink Tank Wireless 410 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is not connecting with WIFI after router change.  When i am trying to configure the WIFI setup with HP Smart app/USB/Wireless, it's asking me to enter the custom password but unfortunately I forgot the password and could not find the option to reset it.  Please help me how to reset the printer password. Thank You!.

Printer password error.jpg

Thanks,
Arjun
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,098 30,048 2,493 3,753
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@arju33 Here's everything you need to know about how to reconnect a previously installed wireless printer to the network if you changed your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or purchased a new router. When you change network settings such as the network name and password, you must also reconfigure the printer for those new settings.

NOTE: 

When troubleshooting a connection to your wireless network, make sure you are connecting your printer to the router and not a wireless extender.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SELECT THE OPTION AS PER YOUR PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for the response!.  I have tried all mentioned options but no Luck.  My problem is when I am trying to configure the WIFI setup with HP Smart app/USB/Wireless, it's asking me to enter the custom password but unfortunately I forgot the password and could not find the option to reset it.  Please help how to reset the Printer Password. Thank you in advance!.

arju33_0-1593172667203.png

Thanks,
Arjun
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,647 13,640 877 1,043
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@arju33, that's unfortunate. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation